Friday, May 13, 2011

Sakerinha de kiwi

What to do with excess Brasilian sake, particularly if you don't want to drink any more of it? I will be following up on a suggestion to use it for braising, but seeing as I had a fair amount to get through, I thought I'd attempt to improve upon the listless/lifeless versions I tried in Brasil. I'll say that this wasn't much of an improvement... as then, it tasted of most of the ingredients: lime, mint, & kiwi, muddled and mashed with my pilão, topped with Azuma Kirin over crushed ice. Couldn't really much make out the sake, not that I really wanted to taste this sake anymore, but I don't see how you could over all the other stuff... maybe needs a very strongly rice-y sake?

Which name do you prefer: caipisake or sakerinha? I've heard both. Either way, I don't know why, but this drink is all the rage in the hippest spots down south. Certainly it seems like it would be a waste of good sake. And combined with the low potency, it would take some effort to get sozzled on this, let me tell you. Stay tuned. I intend to improve upon this.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir,

    Hello,
    My name is Yoshiho HONDA, a director of Japanese news program.

    We will cover a story about "Link between Japan and Brazil".
    I would like to ask you to provide a photograph of "Sakerinha de kiwi" from the article in 13, MAY 2011.

    I would be appreciated if I have an answer by 9,JUNE.

    Yours sincerely,

    Yoshiho HONDA

    mail:yoshiho.stf@ntv.co.jp

    ReplyDelete