Friday, May 8, 2009

The Pied Piper of Piesporter Goldtröpfchen

Having not at all recovered from last night's Movia marathon, R. and I stopped in at Tria before going to visit a friend's art exhibit. Nik Weis, the owner/winemaker from St. Urbanshof (maybe R.'s favorite riesling producer?) was presenting his 2007 Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Kabinett. Friendly, welcoming guy, just returned from India, first time trip, but looking forward to getting back, and getting more Indian food... we shared a good laugh about the, um, delights of Germany's Indianische Küche.

And the wine? Well, what can I say... I still find these too sweet for my taste in general, but to its credit, it had very good acidity. Floral, honeyed pear and stony nose, chalky yet creamy, racy, almost frizzante. The R.'s happy, so I's happy. To celebrate this happiness, we went out for Malaysian food and opened the 2005 Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment