Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yuki no Bosha Junmai Ginjo [1 Koku - 60]

yuki no boshaYuki no Bosha [A Cabin in the Snow] "Limited Release" Junmai Ginjo, from Akita Prefecture's Saiya Shuzo. I especially like the sugidama (a ball made of cryptomeria fronds - signifying sake being made on premises) on the label - I'm thinking I should kick off a home-brew attempt by hanging one myself...

Gin no Sei rice milled to 50%, SMV only +1.0, but acidity of 1.9. 16.5% abv, and genshu. Aromatic, melon, tropical, a bit leesy. This is on the amakuchi side of things - sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Soft, medium bodied, very fruity... peach sherbet, kind of a fleshy fruitiness, but well balanced by a very nice bitter streak.

And what of temperature? More full flavoured at room temperature than chilled, but perfectly balanced every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Or try kan? Yuki no Bosha is really nice and it's alway been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get around to trying it kan, unfortunately... it all disappeared!

    Question/clarification - I understand that they are all yamahai, but do they also avoid stirring the moromi??

    ReplyDelete