Sunday, August 15, 2010

Camino de Santiago: San Sebastián to Bilbao


Rain. Solid start, just what the emotions needed. Actually, the rain proved to be pleasant for riding, and lo, I'm not as slow as I feared. The big boy's bike seems to suit me, though my lack of mountain gearing takes a toll on steeper ascents. Not bad.



The road from Zarautz to Getaria, home to many fine Txakoli producers. Unfortunately, today is Sunday, and none appear to be open.



That's because they're all down at the seaside (true story), watching the Estropadak (Boat Race.)



The coastal road from Getaria to Zumaia



Basque Discoteca



Rural Sidreria - how do I get there?



Old Town, Bilbao



The Guggenheim Bilbao



Richard Serra's installation



Anish Kapoor



Bilbao towards dusk.



Culinary expectations met, with a nice bottle of Txakoli from Bizkaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment